Evaluation - Question 2


Question 2

I feel that the combination of my main product and ancillary tasks is quite effective in promoting my film. The posters are mainly purple, black and orange linking into the theme of Mock horror as it does not give the impression of our film being too series. This also suits the characters presented in my film for example, the class idiot with his clumsy character. The font used in our poster is very spooky and scary, however at the same time is very childish and immature. This fits in with the plot of my film in which the spooky atmosphere is played down with humour so as not to scare children. The images of Rodney on one of the posters also fit in with the comical genre as Rodney is pulling various different funny faces creating comedy. The title sequence of my film represents s the childishness of my film as does the film. Instead of using computerised graphics to create a title sequence, I scanned an A4 piece of paper onto the computer filled with doodles and cartoon drawings which links into the school environment and children’s films. It signifies the immaturity of my film and directly targets my target audience of children. After researching marketing of films through film posters I found that the main aim in making a film poster is to show a ‘narrative image’ which sums up the whole film through one image. I feel that our poster does this well through the pictures of Rodney pulling strange faces at the camera. Not only does this sum up Rodney’s personality but also shows the plot of the film, a young boy who is quite clumsy but in strange circumstances believes he can save the day. This is supported by the fonts and colours which suggest immaturity. I would not locate my posters in places such as sports centres and billboards as these are not likely to be taken notice of by children, however, I would be more likely to locate my posters in places such as school canteens, bus stops and cinemas. These are locations in which children regularly visit and are likely to come across.

0 comments:

Post a Comment