My moodboard



My mood board focuses on the colour black and is filled with various assocoations and links to the colour. For example, I have included different countries associations of the colour as well as different connotations, poems and song lyrics refering to 'black'. I used a variety of 'gothic' images as the theme is largely represented by the colour black as well as some less heard of assocaiations to the colour. I included images of money signs as in accounting black is regarded as a sign of wealth and money. Black can also be interpreted as mystery and the unknown which is why i put images of space and planets on mymoodboard. After researching i also found that the black ring in the olympic logo represents Africa. Most commonly black is known for representing sadness and depression, one of the reasons black is worn to funerals. I included a line from the poem 'mental cases' by war poet Wilfred Owen. 'Night comes blood black'. On the other hand however, in the fashion industry black is considered as sophisticated, elegant and smart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment